Become an HPCA Board Member
The HPCA will be seeking interest for HPBA Board Member positions this month. Check out the fact sheet below and email Lisa Phinney if you are interested.
Historic Park City Alliance Board of Trustees
Board Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of every month, unless agreed upon by the Board on a change of date.
Open Seats (Incumbents may be running for re-election)
- Retail Merchandise Industry - (2 positions)
- Property Owner (2 positions)
- Nightly Rentals and Tourism Industry
Number and Qualifications of Trustees
There are 15 Board members and currently 3 ex-officio Board members. The Board members serve a 4 year term (and can serve 2 terms consecutively. The Board members make up the following representation:
- Three (3) Trustees who shall be Members representing the restaurant and food service industry within the District, each of whom shall be engaged in the restaurant or food service industry within the District;
- Three (3) Trustees who shall be Members representing the retail merchandise industry within the District, each of whom shall be engaged in the retail merchandise industry within the District;
- Two (2) Trustees who shall be Members representing the professional service industry within the District, each of whom shall be engaged in the professional service industry within the District;
- One (1) Trustee who shall be a Member representing the nightly rentals and tourism industry within the District, who shall be engaged in the nightly rental or tourism industry within the District;
- Two (2) Trustees who shall be Members representing the property owners in general within the District, who shall be owners of real property which is located within the District; and
- Four (4) Trustees At-Large.
The officers of the Alliance shall be a President, Past President, Vice-President and Secretary-Treasurer. These officers make up the Board of Trustees.
In 2010, the Board adopted Position Papers that outline their stances on the following topics. These position papers form the foundation for decisions over the next year. The Board reviews and amend the statements annually. To view the Position Papers email Lisa Phinney. Position papers include:
- Board of Trustee Code of Conduct
- Political Representation
- Parking Management
- Events and Street Closures
- Creative Strategy – Historic Park City
- Outdoor Dining Decks location in Public Parking
- Tenant Mix
There are currently committees for the following areas. The Bylaws state that there must be minimally two members from the Board of Trustees on each committee. Only the Events Committee has been given the authority to make decisions based on events outside of Board direction.
- Trash and Recycling
- Thin Air Olympic Parade & Free Concert on Main Street
- Employee Parking - Homestake Lot Update - April 2018
- Spring Parking Updates
- Park City Municipal Special Events Updates
- Staff Report - Update on Park Silly Contract Renewal
- Upcoming Meetings to Note
- 10-Business Day Main Street Road Closure Heber to 7th Street - for Kimball Garage Project
- Business Licenses Due October 1, 2017
- Fall Bus Schedule Updates 2017
- Park City Food & Wine Classic - Main Street Stroll Info
- 4th of July Information and Impact Map
- New Electric Express Bus
- Free Kamas Commuter Bus
- HPCA Election - Please Vote!
- Let's Talk Parking!
- Become an HPCA Board Member! Let Your Voice Be Heard!
- Are You Staying Open This Spring - 2017
- Let's Talk Parking! Community Forum
- Kamas to Park City Transit Survey
- 2017 Sundance Information from Park City Municipal Corporation
- March on Main Information
- Road Closure FIS World Cup Concert
- 2017 Sundance Info - Renting Space
- Valuable Park City Contacts
- Shoulder Season Merchant Support Initiative
- KPCW Back Alley Bash & Classic Car Show Details
- Employee Parking
- Meet the Merchant: Colby Larsen with Park City Fine Art