Commercial Vehicle Drop and Load Zones
The City Council directed City staff to move forward with expansion of the Drop and Load program extending and consolidating the zones from 350 Main t Tupelo. The HPCA provided public comment concerning the additional parking space use, disruption to pedestrian patterns and visual emptiness of the street.
The goal of the zones is to reduce traffic congestion and double parking on and around Main Street and improve safety and access.
All For-Hire/Ground Transportation vehicles (including taxis, rideshares, and lodging shuttles, etc.) wishing to drop off and pick up on Main Street between the hours of 5:00 p.m.- 12:00 a.m., must have a paid Drop, Load & Staging permit (DLS permit).
DLS zones are anticipated to be installed the week of December 16, 2019, for a winter season pilot program.
Zones will be identified with signage and painted curbs when weather permits. Each zone can accommodate approximately 2-3 vehicles at a time. Before 5:00 p.m., the zones will be available for 15-minute parking for all users, no permit required. From 5:00 p.m.- 12:00 a.m., the zones will be dropped and load only unless otherwise marked for staging. All vehicles using the premium curbside space during these hours will be required to have a DLS Parking Permit issued by the City.
The drop and load locations on Main Street are:
- 350 Main to Tupelo/Park City Museum*
- Bear Bench
*Staging is allowed in these zone after 10:00 p.m.
After 10:00 p.m., a DLS permit holder is allowed to stage in any available paid parking spot, and the two zones indicated above.
FREE AREAS: Free drop, load and staging zones will be available for ground transportation vehicles on Swede Alley and lower Main Street; these zones do not require a parking permit. Oversized vehicles will be prohibited on Main Street without a special use parking permit.
FREE DLS LOCATIONS: Free drop and load zones include:
1. Swede Alley - Bob Wells Plaza south of 5th Street - no staging allowed.
2. 9th Street Turnaround*
3. BrewPub Parking Lot
4.Swede Alley - parallel parking in front of KPCW* (oversized vehicles; 22,000 lbs./35’ park here)
*Staging is allowed in these zones after 10:00 p.m.
INPUT & MODIFICATIONS: The City will continuously evaluate the program’s effectiveness and solicit input from stakeholders.
- Spring 2020 Recycling and Trash
- 2020 Sundance Film Festival
- Drop and Load Zones
- Parking and Transportation
- City Regulations and Codes
- Recycling and Trash
- HPCA Board Members and Meetings FY20
- Holiday Window Walk
- Park City Visioning 2020
- Please Share Member Events, Promotions, and News
- 8/15/19 Council Direction & Seek HPCA Discussion - Powerpoint
- Park City Municipal Backhoe Report - June 2019
- Main Street Trash & Recycling - Feedback Requested
- Main Street Special Event Notice: Park Silly Sunday Market 2019
- Lights, Camera, Action - Sundance Film Festival 2019 Info
- Park City Chamber Bureau Hospitality Workshop
- C-Pace Financial Information
- Historic Park City Improvement Plan - Prior Improvement Plans
- Bollard Project Update
- Thin Air Olympic Parade & Free Concert on Main Street
- Employee Parking - Homestake Lot Update - April 2018
- Spring Parking Updates
- New Electric Express Bus
- Free Kamas Commuter Bus
- Shoulder Season Merchant Support Initiative
- Employee Parking