March on Main Street
Saturday January 21, 2017
9:00am - 11:00am
Information provided by Park City Municipal Corporation
TO: Old Town Residents, Business Owners and Employees
WHAT: Increased congestion & traffic in Old Town, Saturday, Jan 21, 7am-12pm
There will be increased levels of activity on Saturday, January 21st from approximately 7am-12pm in the Old Town area with the Women’s March on Main in addition to regular Sundance Film Festival activities. This is not a City event, but Park City Municipal will make every effort to mitigate impacts to residents and merchants. Plan for the area to have increased congestion, whether attending a film, grabbing breakfast on Main Street, or traveling to work. We strongly encourage employees, visitors and residents to take public transit as parking will be limited and is expected to fill quickly.
Here’s what you need to know:
The “Women’s March on Main: Park City,” will begin Saturday, Jan 21, at 9am from the Wasatch Brew Pub Parking Lot (top of Main Street). Participants will walk down Main Street to Heber Avenue, turn right on Heber, then congregate in the Flag Pole Lot (bottom of Swede Alley) for speeches.
China Bridge: The 3 entrances/exits onto Swede Alley will be closed at 8am on Saturday and re-open when cleared by Police. Access/Egress to and from China Bridge parking structure between 8am-11am will be from Marsac Avenue.
Notice to Merchants and Delivery Drivers: Deliveries or access to Swede Alley will not be permitted from 8am-11am (could be longer based on event load-out). All deliveries will be rerouted to Main Street until it is closed for parade. Delivery vehicles that are on Main Street at 9 a.m. when the parade begins will not be permitted to move until the crowd is clear. The preferred time for deliveries is between 4 am and 7 am, or after 12:00 pm (noon).
How to get there: We strongly encourage taking public transit, carpooling, or walking to Main Street on the morning of Saturday, January 21. Parking is expected to fill quickly. There will be a Bus Only lane on Deer Valley Drive from 7:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. to expedite transit to Main Street during the event.
Event Parking: Participants of March on Main will be directed to private out-of-area parking directed by organizer. Participants will be shuttled to Old Town via private shuttle provided by the event organizers. Participants, Employees and Residents in the area, may also take advantage of the already established auxiliary parking areas during the event, including the Richardson Flats Park and Ride. Paid Parking will be limited due to increased attendance at the China Bridge Parking Structure.
Flag Pole Lot: End of March location for speeches. Lot closed at 4am on Saturday. This parking lot is expected to reopen for paid public parking at noon or shortly thereafter.
Brew Pub Lot: Lot closed for the duration of Sundance, parade starts here.
North Marsac Lot: No public access, Saturday, 6am-12pm due to event operations. CB pass holders may use upper level, China Bridge.
Questions about parking/transit: Lynn Ware Peek 435-615-5206
To receive important updates, text FILMFEST and/or MARCHONMAIN to 888777
For the Community Guide to the 2017 Sundance Film Festival, go to parkcity.org, click on “In the Spotlight”
- Lights, Camera, Action - Sundance Film Festival 2019 Info
- Park City Chamber Bureau Hospitality Workshop
- C-Pace Financial Information
- Historic Park City Improvement Plan - Prior Improvement Plans
- Shot Ski Event on Main Street
- Main Street Sidewalk Construction Update 10.10.18
- Main Street Sidewalk Construction Update 10.3.18
- Bollard Project Update
- Fire Ban Effective June 21
- Thin Air Olympic Parade & Free Concert on Main Street
- Employee Parking - Homestake Lot Update - April 2018
- Spring Parking Updates
- Park City Municipal Special Events Updates
- Staff Report - Update on Park Silly Contract Renewal
- Upcoming Meetings to Note
- 10-Business Day Main Street Road Closure Heber to 7th Street - for Kimball Garage Project
- Business Licenses Due October 1, 2017
- Fall Bus Schedule Updates 2017
- Park City Food & Wine Classic - Main Street Stroll Info
- 4th of July Information and Impact Map
- New Electric Express Bus
- Free Kamas Commuter Bus
- HPCA Election - Please Vote!
- Let's Talk Parking!
- Become an HPCA Board Member! Let Your Voice Be Heard!
- Are You Staying Open This Spring - 2017
- Let's Talk Parking! Community Forum
- Kamas to Park City Transit Survey
- 2017 Sundance Information from Park City Municipal Corporation
- March on Main Information
- Road Closure FIS World Cup Concert
- 2017 Sundance Info - Renting Space
- Valuable Park City Contacts
- Shoulder Season Merchant Support Initiative
- KPCW Back Alley Bash & Classic Car Show Details
- Employee Parking
- Meet the Merchant: Colby Larsen with Park City Fine Art