Parking and Transportation
Parking in Historic Park City is limited and difficult. The first recommendation for both guests and employees is to take Park City's free transit to Main Street.
Citywide Transit until 3 am on Fridays and Saturdays
Beginning on Friday, December 19 Park City Transit will extend its service until 3 am for Fridays and Saturdays through the ski season. Buses will remain at a 20-minute frequency to all areas of town from the Old Town Transit Center. This is a benefit to both employees and guests of Historic Park City.
Please note there are (no extended hours on January 23, 24, 30, and 31)
Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH)
Park City and Summit County offer a “Guaranteed Ride Home” program for commuters who use Park City Transit. Registered Participants who need transportation in case of an emergency can be reimbursed for their trip costs.
Employee Parking at Homestake Lot
(by Blind Dog and Boneyard)
Free parking for Main Street employees is available at the Homestake parking lot. The parking lot is located at 1875 Homestake Road.
Employees planning to park in the Homestake lot will be required to register their vehicles. In order to ensure this lot is preserved for employees, unregistered vehicles may be ticketed. Parking at the Homestake Lot will be restricted from 4:00 am to 7:00 am for snow removal. Parking availability may be subject to change during special events. Email email@example.com for more information.
Free parking is available 24 hours a day at Ecker Hill and Kimball Junction Park and Ride areas, with free public transportation. Within Historic Park City the following areas accommodate free parking.
These areas have limited parking.
- Upper and Lower Sandridge Lots.
These areas are free from 12:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.:
- North Marsac
- Bob Wells Plaza
- Flagpole Lot
- Swede Alley
- Galleria Lot
- China Bridge (first hour free)
Paid parking is in effect on Main Street and the Brew Pub Parking lot from 11 am-midnight. Paid parking begins in these remaining areas at 5 pm and runs to midnight. A list of parking locations and pricing can be found here. Peak Season runs from December 15th – April 14th & June 1st – September 30th.
Parking Permits Information
Carpool Permit Program
The employee carpool permit program allows FREE parking in China Bridge for registered carpools of two or more people. Click here to fill out an application. Applicants must register in person at Park City Public Works Building.
Blue Square Permits
Blue Square permits are available for $400 and provide unlimited access to parking in the China Bridge and Gateway parking locations. Click here for the Blue Square Permit.
Drop and Load Zone Program
Please Contact Park City’s Parking Department:
Billy Kurek, firstname.lastname@example.org | Johnny Wasden, email@example.com
- Spring 2020 Recycling and Trash
- 2020 Sundance Film Festival
- Drop and Load Zones
- Parking and Transportation
- City Regulations and Codes
- Recycling and Trash
- HPCA Board Members and Meetings FY20
- Holiday Window Walk
- Park City Visioning 2020
- Please Share Member Events, Promotions, and News
- 8/15/19 Council Direction & Seek HPCA Discussion - Powerpoint
- Park City Municipal Backhoe Report - June 2019
- Main Street Trash & Recycling - Feedback Requested
- Main Street Special Event Notice: Park Silly Sunday Market 2019
- Lights, Camera, Action - Sundance Film Festival 2019 Info
- Park City Chamber Bureau Hospitality Workshop
- C-Pace Financial Information
- Historic Park City Improvement Plan - Prior Improvement Plans
- Bollard Project Update
- Thin Air Olympic Parade & Free Concert on Main Street
- Employee Parking - Homestake Lot Update - April 2018
- Spring Parking Updates
- New Electric Express Bus
- Free Kamas Commuter Bus
- Shoulder Season Merchant Support Initiative
- Employee Parking