Parking and Transportation
Parking in Historic Park City is limited and difficult. The first recommendation for both guests and employees is to take Park City's free transit to Main Street.
Program Activation Timeline
November 15 Transit moves to Winter Service Phase I
November 20 DLS zones reactivated
December 13 Transit moves to Winter Service Phase II
December 18 Parking Management Program activated
December 19 Traffic Operations Center (TOC) activated
Transit Winter Service
Park City Transit will move to its Winter Service Phase I on Sunday, November 15th. From November 15 to December 12, the frequency for the Lime and White routes will remain at 30-minutes. On Sunday, December 13, the Lime will change to a 15-minute frequency during peak hours (6 am - 10 am/3 pm - 7 pm), and the White will change to a 15-minute frequency from 7 am-7 pm. Outside of these hours, frequency on these routes will be 30-minutes.
Last Bus from OTTC
1 Red—11:00 PM to Prospector Square
2 Green—11:07 PM to Park Meadows and Thaynes Canyon
5 Yellow—11:20 PM to Prospector Square
6 Lime—11:45 PM to Ecker Hill Park & Ride
9 Purple—11:10 PM to Montage & Empire Canyon
10 White—11:10 PM to Kimball Junction Transit Center
11 Black—5:35 PM to Kamas
City-Wide (Late Night)—2:14 AM to Thaynes Canyon
On-Demand— 11:00 PM to Homestake Parking Lot
Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH)
Park City and Summit County offer a “Guaranteed Ride Home” program for commuters who use Park City Transit. Registered Participants who need transportation in case of an emergency can be reimbursed for their trip costs.
Registration and reimbursement claim forms can be found at GRH.parkcitytransit.org.
Employee parking options will be like last year, with one new option to purchase a $30 monthly China Bridge parking permit. Limited quantities will be available.
Park City's Parking Department put together a flyer outlining employee parking options that include transit, shuttle parking lots, and employee parking permits.
Employee Parking Flyer
Employee permits will be available for registration/purchase in early December. This includes the free carpool permit, $400 annual Blue Square permit, and the new $30/month China Bridge permit.
Parking Department Permit Information
Blue Square Permit
**2019/2020 permits extended to June 30, 2021
Simply display your currently assigned permit when you park in the China Bridge garage or Gateway garage. If you need adjustments to this permit, please contact Parking Services at parking_permits@parkcity.
The Blue Square Permit is available for purchase to businesses with a Main Street core area address. This permit allows for parking in the China Bridge parking structure and Gateway Garage upper level. This permit is transferable and allows for parking during all hours including weekends. This permit is not valid during major events. The cost of this permit is $400. If lost or stolen you may purchase a replacement for $200.
Please download the permit application and bring it into the Public Works building at 1053 Iron Horse Drive.
**2019/2020 permits extended to June 30, 2021
Simply display your current assigned permit when you park in the China Bridge garage or Gateway garage. If you need adjustments to this permit, please contact Parking Services at parking_permits@parkcity.
Employee Carpool permits are available for employees of businesses in Old Town and allows free parking in the China Bridge Parking Garage located on Swede Alley. Applicants must register in person at the Public Works building (1053 Iron Horse Dr).
Old Town Employee Homestake Parking
Employees planning to park in the Homestake parking lot will be required to register their vehicles. In order to ensure this lot is preserved for employees, unregistered vehicles may be ticketed. Parking at the Homestake Lot will be restricted from 4 am - 7 am for snow removal. Parking availability may be subject to change during special events.
TO REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. Send an email with your name (first and last), your license plate number, phone number, and your employer to parking_permits@parkcity.
2. You must include the name of your Main Street area employer.
3. Once we have registered your vehicle(s) you will receive a reply email confirming your registered vehicle(s).
Drop and Load Zone Program
Please Contact Park City’s Parking Department:
Billy Kurek, firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnny Wasden, email@example.com
- COVID Resources
- Spring 2020 Recycling and Trash
- 2020 Sundance Film Festival
- Drop and Load Zones
- Parking and Transportation
- City Regulations and Codes
- Recycling and Trash
- HPCA Board Members and Meetings FY20
- Holiday Window Walk
- Park City Visioning 2020
- Please Share Member Events, Promotions, and News
- 8/15/19 Council Direction & Seek HPCA Discussion - Powerpoint
- Park City Municipal Backhoe Report - June 2019
- Main Street Trash & Recycling - Feedback Requested
- Main Street Special Event Notice: Park Silly Sunday Market 2019
- Lights, Camera, Action - Sundance Film Festival 2019 Info
- Park City Chamber Bureau Hospitality Workshop
- C-Pace Financial Information
- Historic Park City Improvement Plan - Prior Improvement Plans
- Bollard Project Update
- Thin Air Olympic Parade & Free Concert on Main Street
- Employee Parking - Homestake Lot Update - April 2018
- Spring Parking Updates
- New Electric Express Bus
- Free Kamas Commuter Bus
- Shoulder Season Merchant Support Initiative
- Employee Parking