The Kimball Arts Festival returns Friday, August 1 – Sunday, August 3 for its 45th rendition.
Have you ever wondered how the Kimball Arts Center keeps the Arts Festival fresh year, after year, after year (and so on)? The ever-changing landscape is thanks to an independent jury of 12 art professionals, collectors and enthusiast who review artists’ applications each year. In fact, the artists featured at the festival change each year. The 45th Kimball Arts Festival will feature over 70 (of the 200 artists) new artists. In recent years, the festival has expanded to also highlight culinary and performing arts.
The 45th Kimball Arts Festival is more than an opportunity to peruse and procure art but also allows attendees to support the Kimball Arts Center. The event itself is the Kimball Arts Center’s largest fundraiser and directly benefits the arts community in Park City. Attendees of all ages are encouraged to participate in hands-on art activities and demonstrations throughout the weekend.
The Taste of Art and the Utah Artisan Tasting will make it easy for guests to experience creative local cuisine.
The Utah Artisan Tasting area at the top of Main Street will feature local culinary luminaries like Yee-Haw Pickle Company, Pop Art Snacks, Red Bicycle Bread, Amour Spreads, Millcreek Coffee Roasters, Butchers Bunches and more.
In addition, nineteen of Park City’s finest eateries will participate in the Taste of Art, offering dining specials for festival patrons. Visitors can sample gourmet Freestyle Asian Cuisine at Shabu, modern Italian pizza at Vinto, or relish the unique Mediterranean aromas of Reef’s Restaurant. See a full list of participating restaurants and specials at www.parkcitykimballartsfestival.org/festival-events/taste-of-art
FESTIVAL AFTER DARK
By day, festival goers will enjoy live music performances on three stages—and the excitement doesn’t end there. The Festival After Dark continues the festivities at night with outdoor concerts, live comedy and a special Sundance Institute screening.
Friday, August 1st
- The Utah Symphony in Deer Valley’s stunning outdoor amphitheater, features “Music from Disney” at 7:30pm. Tickets available at www.deervalleymusicfestival.org.
- A free Sundance Institute outdoor screening of 20 Feet from Stardom, revealing the lives of backup singers, who live in a world just beyond the spotlight. 9pm in City Park – free and open to the public.
- Live Comedy at Park City’s Historic Egyptian Theater featuring Dave Goldstein and Maria Shehata at 8pm
Saturday, August 2nd
- Honey Island Swamp Band plays a free outdoor concert at Canyons at 6pm.
Super Diamond: The Neil Diamond Tribute with the Utah Symphony at Deer Valley’s outdoor amphitheater beginning at 7:30pm. Tickets and more information at http://www.deervalleymusicfestival.org/concerts/item/135-super-diamond
- Live Comedy at Park City’s Historic Egyptian Theater featuring Dave Goldstein and Maria Shehata at 8pm. www.parkcityshows.com
- The Summit County Fair features its annual Demolition Derby at 7pm. For more information or to purchase tickets to this unique event, visit www.summitcountyfair.org/events/demolition-derby
Sunday, August 3rd
- Muscle Shoals & Lisa Fischer from 20 Feet from Stardom play at Deer Valley’s outdoor amphitheater for the Big Stars Bright Nights Concert Series. Tickets available at www.parkcitytickets.com. Show starts at 7pm.
Many of the Festival After Dark happenings are free and open to the public. A complete schedule of performances, events, ticket information, and lodging and recreation packages are available at www.kimballartcenter.org
The Kimball Art Center (KAC) is the heart of Park City’s historic and vibrant arts community. It is a non-profit center for the arts, committed to engaging individuals of all ages in diverse and inspiring experiences through education, exhibitions and events. More information is available at www.KimballArtCenter.org.
For more information on the Kimball Arts Festival, visit www.parkcitykimballartsfestival.org.