My husband and I went on our very first date in Park City over 10 years ago. I was 16 years old and a junior at Park City High School. It was pretty typical. Er, I mean, magical. We went to Albertson’s (now Fresh Market) to stock up on candy bars and sodas then snuck them into the Holiday Village Theater.
We’ve gone on a lot of dates since then, but only some of them have been more sophisticated than that first one.
So I’ve had a long time to think about the perfect date in Park City, and this is what it would look like.
- I’d start off the day slow and relaxed with a cup of coffee and pastry at Atticus. Since I’m not a big breakfast person, this is exactly how I’d want to start the day, but if you want something heartier, head up the hill to the Eating Establishment.
- After a leisurely breakfast, we would stroll down Main Street for some window shopping and shopping shopping, eventually making our way back down the street. Since Park City is kind of known for it’s outdoorsy scene, I’d want to see the outdoors. And I’d like to see it with minimal effort. Just below Main Street lies the Poison Creek Trail that leads to City Park. Poison Creek Trail is a paved path directly next to the babbling Poison Creek. For a little off path "hiking" you can veer off the path and enjoy the new "Boo Radley Trail".
- Order your lunch to go at one of the restaurants on Main Street and enjoy a picnic at City Park.
- After our stroll through City Park, we’d stop in at High West Distillery for one of their signature cocktails before heading to dinner.
- If we’re making a night of it, we might as well splurge on dinner. It could definitely be one of the best meals of my life, so I’m not going to hold myself back. None of these restaurants will lead you astray. Also, I’d get dessert. Always get dessert on date night.
- After dinner, we’d catch a show at the Egyptian Theater. It doesn’t really matter what’s playing, I just want to go and enjoy the show. Or maybe we’d check out the live music scene at The Spur.
- Get a room! Seriously, if I could stay every night at a hotel uptown, I would, but for an amazing end to a date, I’d get a room in town and surround myself with luxury.
Of course, you could always just pick one or two of these things next time you’re searching for a fun date activity in Park City and it can be as upscale or relaxed as you make it.
Sarah is a Park City local, the food blogger behind CallMeFudge.com and a social media content specialist for USANA Health Sciences in Salt Lake City. She spends most of her free time outside enjoying all that the Utah landscape has to offer. Sarah hopes to someday live much like the Grinch: high on a mountain top overlooking the villages. She’ll keep her heart of gold, though.