�Is it just me or has this summer flown by? Maybe it’s because we had such a slow start to summer in Park City, or maybe because of the never-ending events and activities hosted in town. Unfortunately, there is no way to deny it; back to school is here (or near) depending on where you live. For most of us, back to school means quite a bit of change in our day-to-day lives. Sure, there is more structure and more schedules to keep to, but most importantly it means Back to School Shopping. And, guess what! Back to School shopping doesn’t have to be stressful. We invite you to explore what we have to offer for Back to School while making a day of it. Enjoy a nice lunch and some quality time with your little learner. You may even create a new cherished tradition.
From school supplies to the latest fashions, Historic Park City merchants can outfit your older students from footwear to backpacks and everything in between.
A Few Featured Back to School Merchants Include:
- Alpaca International has a Back to School special on Baby Alpaca sweaters and more with select sweaters available for $99 and 20-50% off hats, gloves, scarves and coats.
- Bahnhof Sport is offering a half price bike tune with their “Back to School Tune Special and Safety Check.” Mention code Back to School.
- Dolly's Bookstore helps you prepare for back to school with all required reading for local schools, journals, notebooks, pens, pencils, art supplies and more.
- Mary Jane’s is sending off summer with a clearance sale of 25-75% off all spring/summer merchandise including, clothes, accessories and shoes.
- Olive and Tweed is kicking off the school year with bags of all shapes and sizes, tote bags for books, notebooks and laptops for your high school and college students or roller totes in place of backpacks. Students of all ages will appreciate knapsacks, lunchboxes and medium to large backpacks for kids by SkipHop.
We asked Lori Harris, longtime Main Street fashionista and Mary Jane's owner, for her tips on Back to School must haves this fall, and of course she doesn’t disappoint.
What are must haves for back to school this year? The looks are 70's inspired this fall with a romantic vibe. No matter if you are in junior high, high school or college some must haves are:
- Dark denim flares w/brown stitching (70's inspired)
- Felt floppy hat in black or brown
- Anything with fringe like boots, handbags, and leather jackets
- Midi and Maxi skirts in bohemian florals or paisleys matched with shearling vests or jackets and lace up boots
- Lace up pointy toe flats
Is there a trend you are seeing in a certain age group? 18 - 25-year-old demographic is taking the active wear trends to heart. A big trend that I see continue into fall for this age group is slip on sneaker styles with interesting materials like metallics or embossed leathers
What have been the top sellers already this year? We are well known for our denim and boot selections. White jeans this summer blew out of the store from 7 for All Mankind and AG along with western-inspired booties from Frye and Coolway. With accessories, we haven't been able to keep enough floppy 70's inspired hats, scarves or sunglasses on the shelves.
Whether you are looking for lunchboxes for little ones to sophisticated bookbags for your older students, Historic Park City likely has the perfect finds for Back to School.