It’s that time of year again, Sundance, when Park City turns into a film buff’s paradise. The movie buzz along Main Street is contagious. In a few weeks, you won’t be able to stop yourself from entering into a conversation with a stranger you just met about the celebrities you’ve seen, and your best and worst movie going experience. We thought we’d take this opportunity to let you in on some of the best keep secrets to enjoying the Sundance Film Festival.
- First, and foremost, you must see a movie! Even if you missed your opportunity to purchase a ticket package, there are plenty of chances to waitlist without even standing in line. The mobile-enabled check-in system allows you to reserve a position in line over the internet. Your chances of getting into a film are great!
- For more information about how to waitlist click on EWAITLIST TICKETS here.
- While the high tech ability to waitlist over the internet has dramatically reduced the time spent outside in the cold, there’s no denying the weather forecast. When your hands get cold, stop by the Mountain Body Spa on Main Street for a complimentary hand massage. Once you try the Mountain Balm and Mountain Glow Mineral Salt Scrub to rejuvenate your circulation, you won’t be able to resist picking up a few gift sets for your friends.
- If that doesn’t quite do the trick, pick up a new hat or pair of gloves at Roots. Established in 1973 in Canada, Roots offers quality athletic wear and contributed clothing items to many of the Olympic Game Teams.
- Warm up on the inside with a stop at the Java Cow for a hot coffee drink. If that doesn’t work, try the Bourbon Pie.
- In between films, you’ll need to eat and move quickly to your next venue. You’ll find fast eats at Main Street Pizza & Noodle or The Main Street Deli. There is an advantage to finger foods like pizza, fresh cut fries, garlic knots, a fresh bagel, or a sandwich when you need to eat on the go.
- Shop at the Festival Store for unique souvenirs from Festival wear to vintage collectible posters and banners.You can even buy a special dessert pie plate designed by actor, Susan Sarandon.
- Save some time in your schedule after a film to take in a few of the many local Art Galleries along Main Street. Whether you enjoy paintings, photographs or sculpture, there is a gallery for everyone.
- There are also plenty of events including concerts at the Sundance ASCAP Music Café and the New Frontier multimedia performance space where you can schedule an appointment for a virtual reality experience at 573 Main Street.
- Be sure to visit all the sponsors on Main Street for fun freebies! Chase Sapphire will equip you with a commemorative Sundance water bottle. The Canon Creative Studio will give you access to an interactive display of photo equipment and experts to answer questions. Listen to an afternoon panel conversation with writers, actors, and directors at the Sundance TV Headquarters.
There’s always something happening on Main Street during the Sundance Film Festival! You can even take the free shuttle to get around.
By Saundra Stroope
Saundra lives in Salt Lake City and visits Park City frequently. She is the CLO of an online training website for small business owners, an author, and a freelance consultant specializing in executive, leadership and team development. She enjoys snow skiing, restaurants, art, shopping, films, and outdoor festivals, concerts & events.