Tricks aside, Halloween on Historic Park City's Main Street was named one of the top Halloween celebrations in the country by Travel and Leisure magazine and for good reason! When you combine two and four-legged costumed creatures with gourmet treats and maybe a few tricks you have a one-of-a-kind celebration.
As we prepare for the festivities, we have a few suggestions to help you and your trick-or-treaters prepare for treat of an experience.
- Main Street, from Heber to Park/King, will be closed to vehicular traffic at 1:30 p.m. on Halloween. If your car is on Main Street and you get a call from police dispatch, it is no trick. Please move your car by 1:30 p.m.
- Parking may be challenging.
- Please access China Bridge lot from Marsac Avenue. We recommend considering satellite parking at the Library or City Park. Two-legged children are welcome to hop on the bus to access Main Street. Four-legged children will need to walk to Main Street on a leash. Help your pups burn off some of their energy before the festivities (due to federal regulations dogs are not allowed on Park City public transportation).
- The Trolley will run up Swede Alley for the duration of the event.
- Trick-or-treating for children will begin at 3:00 p.m.
- The dog "paw-ty" / parade will gather at the Post Office at 4:30 p.m.
- The parade will depart the Post Office at 5:00 p.m. and head UP Main Street toward the Brew Pub parking lot.
- Main Street will reopen around 6:00 p.m. to vehicular traffic.
We hope you have a wonderful, safe Halloween in Historic Park City. We look forward to seeing you Thursday afternoon.