The Historic Park City Alliance worked with the City Council this fall to address the need for more parking in Historic Park City for guests. Both organizations looked for short term solutions that would open parking for guests this winter season, while exploring long term solutions.
The problem is that China Bridge exceeds capacity most winter evenings between 7pm and 9pm, which leaves NO available space for our customers to park. The result is that the perception of "no Park City" will continue to spread and cause people to visit elsewhere. Bye bye business = no jobs.
Change to Parking Duration in China Bridge
To address this concern three things were done. The first is a change to the parking duration in the covered areas of China Bridge. Beginning Monday, December 15th, no vehicle can park in the covered areas of China Bridge for more than 6 total hours. The new regulations will not allow spot jumping, which previously would reset the time for the amount of hours your vehicle was parked.
In order to park for more than 6 hours in Historic Park City you can either park on the uncovered levels of China Bridge (both old and new), Sandridge Parking Lots or North Marsac Lot. To park in the covered areas of China Bridge for more than 6 hours you must purchase a parking pass. Information on the parking passes and costs are available at the end of this article.
Employee Shuttle Parking Lot Available Fridays and Saturdays – Treasure Mountain Junior High
The second change to make more parking spaces available for customers on Friday and Saturday evenings, is that Park City Transit will run a dedicated employee shuttle lot with transit service Main Street from Treasure Mountain Junior High on Friday and Saturday evenings. This service will begin on Friday, December 19.
- Service until 3am – Fridays and Saturdays (no extended hours on January 23, 24, 30, 31 and February 6 and 7)
- Dedicated employee lot at Treasure Mountain School on Kearns Boulevard (150 spaces) (not available on January 23, 24, 30, 31 and February 6 and 7)
- 15 passenger van service (3:30pm to 7pm) direct to Transit Center in addition to Yellow and Red bus lines from TMMS
- Ability to see the passenger van's location on the Transit App
Citywide Transit until 3am on Fridays and Saturdays
The final step implemented is that beginning on Friday, December 19 Park City Transit will extend its service until 3am for Fridays and Saturdays through the ski season. Buses will remain at a 20 minute frequency to all areas of town from the Old Town Transit Center. This is a benefit to both employees and guests of Historic Park CIty.
Please note there are (no extended hours on January 23, 24, 30, and 31)
Parking Pass Information
Employee Permit: A parking permit is available to Main Street employees for the China Bridge Parking Structure and the Gateway Garage for uncovered areas (rooftop). The permit is not valid after 6:00 pm on both Friday and Saturday. The cost is $150 annually. Verification of employment at a Main Street business is required to purchase this permit. This permit is not valid during the Sundance Film Festival.
Business Permit: Businesses with a Main Street address and valid business license are eligible to purchase a parking permit valid for China Bridge and Gateway covered areas. The permit is not valid during major events. This permit allows parking beyond the 6 hour limit not to exceed 72 hours at one time in a parking space. Cost for this permit is $300 annually.
For detailed transit and parking information and assistance, visit www.parkcity.org or call 435-615-5301
- Park City Municipal Special Events Updates
- Staff Report - Update on Park Silly Contract Renewal
- Upcoming Meetings to Note
- 10-Business Day Main Street Road Closure Heber to 7th Street - for Kimball Garage Project
- Business Licenses Due October 1, 2017
- Fall Bus Schedule Updates 2017
- Park City Food & Wine Classic - Main Street Stroll Info
- 4th of July Information and Impact Map
- New Electric Express Bus
- Free Kamas Commuter Bus
- HPCA Election - Please Vote!
- Let's Talk Parking!
- Become an HPCA Board Member! Let Your Voice Be Heard!
- Are You Staying Open This Spring - 2017
- Let's Talk Parking! Community Forum
- Kamas to Park City Transit Survey
- 2017 Sundance Information from Park City Municipal Corporation
- March on Main Information
- Road Closure FIS World Cup Concert
- 2017 Sundance Info - Renting Space
- Valuable Park City Contacts
- Shoulder Season Merchant Support Initiative
- KPCW Back Alley Bash & Classic Car Show Details
- Employee Parking
- Meet the Merchant: Colby Larsen with Park City Fine Art