The 4th of July will be here before we know it, and with it brings all of the fun and festivities we see every year. Once again, the 4th of July parade will march down Main Street at 11 a.m. with over 70 floats. Pick your spot for viewing on Main Street or Park Avenue. It’s a packed event every year, and this year the event falls on Saturday! Event organizers are expecting larger than normal crowds, which means it is more important than ever to plan ahead for the best day possible.
Five Tips for the 4th of July in Historic Park City
- Take public transportation. It is a matter of when, not if, parking will fill up. Park at the Park City High school and ride Park City transit or walk! The 4th of July is the perfect day to stroll our beautiful country.
- Stay on Main Street after the parade and have lunch. City Park is a BLAST, but take your time getting there and fuel up on one of the dining decks or inside a cool restaurant.
- Volunteer! The Park City Chamber Bureau puts together the annual 4th of July festivities each year. Members of the community are encouraged to volunteer and help with providing the citizens and visitors of Park City with a fun-filled day celebrating our country’s independence. Contact Joel Fine at Joel@FineProperty.com for more information.
- Plan ahead – Check-in with your friends and family for details on where you’ll want to be throughout the day. Identify locations for each portion of the day so you know where you are going.
- Stay the night (or two)! Why not make a night of it? With events from dawn till dusk, once the last of the firework display is complete you’ll be ready to hit the hay! Make it easy on yourself and stay overnight at one of our many lodging properties.
However you spend the upcoming 4th of July we wish you a safe, joyful holiday.