[CALL FOR ARTISTS]
The Historic Park City Alliance seeks artists to create 3D chalk art within the Park City Main District. Artists will be assigned a 10’x10’ sidewalk space to create their work.
[ABOUT CHALK OF THE TOWN]
The Historic Park City Alliance looks to increase animation and activation along Historic Main Street as we celebrate the beginning of Park City’s summer season. The organization looks to become the CHALK OF THE TOWN as artists create dynamic, life-sized chalk art installations along Main Street gathering spaces to include, but not limited to, the Bear Bench Walkway, Miner’s Park, Schreurs Plaza.
The installations serve to drive traffic to the district both as artists create their installations and once the works are completed and become Instagrammable moments and, of course, THE CHALK OF THE TOWN”.
The concept intends to host one artist each week for three weeks. The inaugural “CHALK OF THE TOWN” kicks-off just before Memorial Day with the working artist on-site mid-week unveiling each creation on Friday evening or Saturday morning.
The program intends to drive visitation to Park City through the use of an artistic, cultural expression. The creations will be placed throughout the historic district to encourage visitors to stroll the entire street while shopping and dining throughout their experience.
- Artist must provide a statement of interest, brief bio and samples of similar projects for consideration to email@example.com by April 16, 2021. Selected artists will be notified by April 23, 2021.
- Selected artists must submit a sketch of their proposed work by May 3, 2021.
- Submission design and final work should feature/highlight iconic experiences and/or scenes representative of the Park City region.
- Artists will be provided a $1,250 stipend.
- 2021 installation dates are May 25 – 28, June 1 – 4, June 8 – 11.
- A different artist will be selected for each week.
- Artists will provide their own materials.
- The Historic Park City Alliance and Park City Public Art Advisory Board reserve the right for final approval on all submissions.
- The submission of your entry shall be understood to indicate your agreement with the terms and conditions set forth.
- Artists must agree to abide by Park City Municipal Public Art Policy Design Criteria (page 6).
- Chalk Art will be installed outdoors and will not be protected from the elements.
- Additional questions may be sent to Meisha Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-659-9283.
[HOW TO APPLY]
- Artists must provide a statement of interest, brief bio and samples of similar projects for consideration to email@example.com by April 16, 2021.
- Selected artists will be notified April 23, 2021.
This Historic Park City Alliance is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit corporation comprised of merchants in Park City, Utah’s downtown business district. The mission of the organization is to promote, enhance and encourage an atmosphere that is beneficial to the businesses of Historic Park City and the community, while informing and building consensus among property owners, merchants and governmental agencies.