There is no doubt; fall is one of my favorite times of the year in Park City. The temperature is perhaps even more perfect than any other season and the mountains surrounding Old Town blast with color. This time of year, we tend to slow down a little bit both in Park City and our lives. It’s almost as if our bodies are preparing for winter.
As you begin to plan your fall vacation, staycation or playcation, we invite you to consider Park City as a destination for your getaway (or day-away). Bring the kids and enjoy all that Historic Park City has to offer.
- Blast dynamite (the pretend stuff) at the Park City Museum
- Count the marvelously decorated moose on Main Street
- Find the miner statues
- Check out the Shoe Tree! How many shoes are hanging out up there?
- Bring or rent bikes; lots of trails, paved or unpaved, start in the Historic District
- Warm up with a cup of hot cocoa
- Cool down with a big ice cream cone
- Festivals and parades are part of Park City life, so be sure to ask what’s next!
- Grab lunch, breakfast or dinner at one of the many kid-friendly restaurants.
- Take a spin on the Town Lift, open Saturday and Sunday through October 5.
Park City's Old Town is home to three public parking structures where you can leave your car for FREE. Our FREE bus system operates every day of the year from 7:30 a.m. -10:30 p.m. Park your car and soak up the best that Historic Park City has to offer by foot or public transit.
The FREE Historic Main Street Trolley runs up and down Main Street from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. every day. Hop on and off as many times as you like.