We get it, kids just want to have fun and we can help with that with the annual Historic Park City Kids’ Day Celebration scheduled for May 23, 2015. The annual celebration includes fun for kids of all ages and will be bigger and better than ever this year! Check out below for all the details –
- 12:30 p.m. Grand Opening of the Bear Bench Walkway – The Bear Bench walkway underwent a few renovations last fall, and to kick off the summer season we invite you and your little ones to welcome Franz back to his rightful perch. City Officials will hold a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to mark the occasion. Snap a photo with your little one and their favorite stuffed bear to commemorate Franz’s new digs.
- 1 - 4 p.m. Jugglers, Balloon Artists and Magicians – Oh My! – While strolling to your favorite shops or restaurants be on the lookout for strolling street entertainment to make the day just a little jollier. Strolling street entertainment will be on the street. In case of inclement weather, the entertainers will stroll between participating merchants).
- 1 - 4 p.m. Music in Miner’s Park – What better way to kick off Memorial Day weekend than with some festive tunes from Park City High School’s finest. A group of student musicians from the Park City Bands will play tunes from the great American songbook while demonstrating their improvisational skills through the different facets of jazz from 1 – 4 p.m with a brief intermission from 2:15 – 2:45. In case of inclement weather, the performances will take place at Flanagan's.
- 2:15 - 2:45 p.m. Magician Performance - As the band is taking a break, our favorite magician will you and your little ones from 2:15 - 2:45 on the Miner's Park stage. In case of inclement weather, the performances will take place at Flanagan's.
Kids’ Day isn’t just about what’s on the street, local merchants participate in the fun too with special events at fun at participating merchants including:
- Grappa and Chimayo Kids (12 and under) eat free! *Must order off the kid’s menu.
- Deer Valley Signatures – Get to know Deer Valley Rescue Dogs at the Deer Valley Signatures store from 1 – 4 p.m.
- MANGELSEN - Images of Nature Gallery - In-gallery scavenger hunt where kids can come into the gallery to find different animals in our pictures. Once they complete the scavenger hunt they will get a prize from the gallery.
- Java Cow
For the adults, several of our merchants will be hosting Sidewalk Sales. Get hot deals on winter fashion and maybe even a few summer styles left over from last year. Participating merchants include Dolly’s, Propsect, Seasons, Southwest Indian Traders, Olive and Tweed, LaNiche, Destiny, and All Sports Eyewear to name a few.
And, to seal the deal, Historic Park City will be offering Free Parking on Main Street April 26 – May 31. All you have to do is download a voucher from our website and place it on your dashboard (some restrictions may apply).
We encourage you to add Kids’ Day to your Memorial Day Weekend plans! We guarantee it will be the place to be!