Now that the craziness of Black Friday has worn off, we can talk about holiday shopping without feeling our hearts racing.
By now you’ve probably heard why shopping locally is great for the community, but when it comes down to it, you still need to get the gifts that will make your friends and family happy when they tear through the wrapping paper. And it’s just so easy to go to one mall and check everyone off your list, right?
Luckily, Park City’s Main Street offers one location to do the same thing. And I promise you the restaurants downtown make a meal way better than Hot Dog on a Stick or Sbarro.
On top of the great places to take a lunch break, there’s something to be said for enjoying your shopping experience rather than just getting through it. The merchants have put a lot of work into decorating their store windows for the season so make sure you take a moment to notice them. Stop into Atticus to grab a hot cocoa and focus on slowing down this holiday season.
Maybe you still have your doubts. Maybe you’re thinking Main Street stores only sell souvenirs and t-shirts. I’m here to tell you that you need to take a trip back uptown to see what’s really there. Here’s a very small sample of things that you can find in local, small shops in historic Park City.
And if parking is a deterrent for you, don’t forget that there is plenty of parking off Swede Alley and from now until December 16, you can also park for free on Main Street when you claim this offer.
So this year, shop small, support local, and happy holidays!
- Plaid Scarf Habit Boutique (592 Main) - $28
- Juniper Ridge Natural Cologne Park City Mercantile (523 Main) - $62
- Grooming Kit Park City Mercantile (523 Main) - $35
- World’s Softest Socks Sock City (309 Main) - $13.99
- Horn Bar Tool Set Elegante (364 Main) - $120
- Pendleton Laptop Bag Park City Clothing Company (558 Main) - $199
- Tense Wood Watch Southwestern Expressions (312 Main) - $180
- Bavarian Wooden Village Pine (323 Main) - $52
- Wool Hat Olive & Tweed (608 Main) - $28
- M&C Josie Boots Mary Jane’s (613 Main) - $139
- Gilbert the Park City Moose Children’s Book Atticus Coffee, Books & Teahouse (738 Main) - $19.95
- Park City: A Mountain Town Cookbook Dolly’s Bookstore - $28.95
Sarah is a Park City local and the food blogger behind CallMeFudge.com. She spends most of her free time outside enjoying all that the Utah landscape has to offer. Sarah hopes to someday live much like the Grinch: high on a mountain top overlooking the villages. She’ll keep her heart of gold, though.