"Meet the Merchant" was created to introduce the individuals behind the boutiques, restaurants and galleries in Historic Park City. This month we introduce Dirk & Shirin Spangenberg from Escape Room Park City. Shirin tells us about their new business Escape Room Park City and answers a few questions below.
1. Tell us about yourself and when you came to Main Street.
Dirk and Shirin have lived in Park City for over 20 years. "We met here teaching snowboarding at Park City. Dirk is from Brussels, Belgium and I am from Huntington Beach, California," says Shirin. "We decided to raise our family here and call Park City home. We love being active, the mountains, traveling, playing games and having fun."
2. Tell us more about your business.
Escape Room Park City is a fun filled adventure game room where a group (of up to 8 people) enter the room look for clues, solve puzzles and find the way to escape the room all before time runs out in an hour. You will have a great time and leave feeling a sense of accomplishment.
3. Describe Historic Park City in 5 words.
Vibrant, lively, dynamic, historical and fun!
4. What is your favorite time of year in Park City? Why?
It’s hard to beat summer. There is so much to do, so many activities and everything just seems to be buzzing.
5. Top 3 Historic Park City businesses and why?
- Escape Room Park City, of course! It is a fun entertaining way to use your body and mind.
- Park City Food Tours a great way to taste restaurants in Park City, learn a bit of history and socialize.
- The Paint Mixer is a different experience all together with wine and art. I love the way it makes me feel like I have some talent. Then I stop drinking the wine and realize I still don’t, but I had a great time anyway.
6. Favorite time/holiday on Main Street and why?
Fourth of July. You get to see everyone you haven’t seen in years. I love that. Although I will admit I also love the Electric Light Parade held on Small Business Saturday the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
7. Something we would be surprised to learn about Escape Room Park City?
My husband Dirk and I designed and built most of the clues. It’s a little scary to see what came out of our minds and how much everyone has loved it. We are currently working on our next rooms and hope to have them done by the end of summer.
8. What do you do on your day off?
I’m sorry I don’t understand the question, what is a day off?
9. What else can we say about Escape Room Park City?
As a long time resident of Park City we are so pleased to open a new and exciting business that everyone has enjoyed. The reviews make us feel so good!
We love being part of the vibrancy of Main Street and look forward to seeing everyone in our signature room….The Mine Trap. There is also Local's Night every Wednesday night with a $10 discount for Park City residents.
10. Where can we find Escape Room Park City?
136 Heber Ave, #207, in the Gateway Building, www.EscapeRoomParkCity.com