Chip and Kathy Pederson came to Park City from Bay City Michigan in the early 80s and quickly opened two businesses on Main Street. I think it is safe to say we are all thankful for the business model they decided upon: chocolate and books. Is there anything better?
Now, Chip and Kathy live in Park City with their three teenage children and continue to enjoy all Park City has to offer.
- What is your name? Chip and Kathy Pederson
- What is the name of your business? Dolly’s Bookstore and The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
- Where are you from? Bay City, Michigan
- How many years have you been in Park City? 33 Years
- How many years have you been on Main Street? 32 Years
- Tell us about yourself. Main St. was the ideal location for the type of businesses we had in mind. We have three children, ages 15 and two 13 year olds. We feel very fortunate living in a place which offers such a variety of activities. We all ski, the kids play lacrosse and enjoy many other school sports.
- Tell us about your business. Kathy had the idea of opening up a Chocolate Factory and a Bookstore as separate businesses yet housed in the same building. There is a common door between the two stores and we find that customers enjoy the different experiences which the two stores offer. Dolly’s has a variety of new books as well as gifts, stationary, jewelry and children’s games and toys. The Chocolate Factory has chocolate!
- Describe Historic Park City in 5 words? Mining, small town, friendly, eclectic.
- What is your favorite time of year in Park City? That’s hard to answer, we enjoy all the seasons.
- Anything else you would like to share? We are grateful for being able to live in such a unique and beautiful town.