"Meet the Merchant" was created to introduce the individuals behind the boutiques, restaurants and galleries in Historic Park City. This month we introduce new business owner Lynn Shattuck from All Sports Eyewear, Inc.
1. Tell us about yourself and how you came to Main Street.
My husband Marty and I moved to Park City 20 years ago from Snowmass Village Colorado. We were working in a family owned sunglass business in Colorado. We wanted to start a store of our own. A friend was moving to Park City, and she suggested we take a look. We came out for a visit and decided to make the move.
The Caledonian was under construction. Retail spaces were available. We decided to rent the space that faces the Town Lift.
2. Tell us about your business.
We have a wide selection of sunglasses from fashion to sporty. Tom Ford, Prada, Maui Jim, Oakley, Costa, Kaenon, Shwood, Raen, Tory Burch and RayBan, to name a few. We also carry a wide selection of ski goggles and goggle replacement lenses. Prescription ski goggles are available.
3. Describe Historic Park City in 5 words.
Unique, vibrant, energetic, diversified, friendly.
4. What is your favorite time of year in Park City? Why?
Summer. The people start coming back into town after shoulder season. The outdoor concerts start, outdoor seating at the restaurants begins, and the days are longer.
5. Top 3 Historic Park City businesses and why?
- Zoom because of its great atmosphere & food.
- Bangkok Thai because of its delicious Thai food.
- Southwest Indian Traders has beautiful Indian jewelry & pottery
6. Favorite time/holiday on Main Street and why?
Christmas -Main Street looks so inviting with all the lights up and down the street. Falling snow is always a bonus.
7. Something we’d be surprised to know about you or your business.
We offer prescription sunglasses and have a selection of optical frames with clear lenses.
8. What do you do on your day off?
During the winter season, there is not much time off. In the summer, we enjoy boating, paddle boarding and hiking.