June and July are shining stars in Historic Park City
As I write this blog post it is Tuesday, June 13, 2017 and currently 43 degrees in Park City. Next Tuesday, June 20 it is forecasted to be 90 degrees. While you wouldn’t think it today, summer is well on its way. June and July are shining stars in Historic Park City. Take in performance art, culinary arts, fashion and hometown fun as the summer heats up in Park City, just remember to bring a sweater.
Keep reading for our recommendations on what not to miss the next few months in Historic Park City.
Dine Al Fresco – The obvious one here is Savor the Summit, but al fresco dining remains en vogue through the summer season as multiple restaurants add outdoor dining to their available seating.
Dinner and a Show
The Egyptian Theatre is programmed every weekend of the year. Upcoming acts include –
- "Park City Moto Union" presents "Motorcycle Film Festival" - Jun 16 Join us to celebrate the world's best dramatic, documentary, short, and experimental films created by the international motorcycling community.
- Marc Cohn - Jun 22 - 24 25th Anniversary Tour of his Grammy-winning platinum-selling debut record. Performing as a trio fans will hear a sequence of songs that have stood the test of time.
- Cabaret - Jun 30 - Jul 23 Set in 1931 Berlin as the Nazis are rising to power, Sally Bowles and a raucous ensemble from the seedy Kit Kat Klub invite you to leave your troubles outside. Featuring hit songs: "Cabaret" "Maybe This Time" "Don't Tell Mama"
Several Main Street spots book live entertainment for little to no cover. If you are more of a last minute type of person you’re sure to find entertainment nearly 7 nights a week (hint: Spur Bar & Grill is pretty much a given for live music).
Park City hosts special events almost weekly (maybe even daily) in the peak of the summer season.
- The Park Silly Sunday Market runs weekly through mid-September (with a break the first two weeks in August).
- 4th of July is full of hometown fun.
During the Last Friday Gallery Stroll—6:00–9:00 p.m. on the last Friday of each month—members of the Park City Gallery Association offer a unique monthly showcase highlighting artists, special exhibits and art events. June and July are two of my favorites for several reasons.
Take in the fresh air! The experience is a feast for your senses: the smells, the sites, the sounds and even the opportunities to touch different fabrics (fur. Leathers, etc). This time of year Main Street comes alive!
What are you looking forward to this June and July “On the Street”?