Over the past several months, Park City has been full of vibrant activity, beautiful weather and amazing events that have brought both visitors and residents out in force. As the new school year gets underway, we begin to notice the transition of the seasons. Autumn is coming, and autumn is wonderful.
As the days begin to cool and the leaves begin change, autumn overtakes us with its majesty. To me this time of year feels like the unsung hero of Park City; maybe it is a secret, but I am going to give you a few reasons to celebrate this wonderful time of the year.
- Foliage: Everyone thinks of New England when they think of fall foliage. Of course, the Northeast has amazing fall colors, but the oaks and aspens that surround Park City are fairly magnificent themselves. From Historic Park City, you can easily hop on numerous trails and experience hiking over a bed of golden leaves; it’s surreal.
- Serenity: The hustle and bustle slows just a bit; other than locals and a few smart visitors Park City quiets down from late September to early November.
- Deals: Hotels, restaurants and boutiques often offer specials and deals for the autumn months. Two-for-ones at restaurants are available and retail merchants making room for the arrival of the upcoming winter’s bounty tend to discount summer clothing.
- Sweaters, Pumpkin & Soup: Maybe this is just me, but waking up on a cool morning and throwing on a cozy sweater, leggings and boots is amazing. A perfect fall day often includes a pumpkin latte, handmade soup from one of the Main Street restaurants, and a stroll through a few of the galleries.
- Events: The Park Silly Sunday Market continues through September 22. We have a few ideas up our sleeves for some weekly special events through the end of October. As soon as we finalize the details, we'll let you know.
Autumn will be here before you know it. How will you celebrate the unsung hero of the seasons? I recommend you schedule a little getaway and spend some time in Historic Park City before the winter visitors arrive.