Historic Park City is such an iconic area in town that has been a part of many peoples’ memories. We want locals and visitors to share their experiences and photos with us and add their stories to the Park City community.
Three winning photos that best capture the Historic District’s spirit and character will be chosen and featured on the HPCA’s website. The contest runs from 23 through March 31, and selected winners will receive an HPCA gift card, valid at over 100 participating businesses in the Historic District.
One grand prize winner will receive a $150 HPCA gift card, and two first place winners will receive $100 HPCA gift cards, to be redeemed at over 100 restaurants and shops in the Historic Park City District.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter, please email your photos to email@example.com no later than March 23rd at 5pm. Be sure to include your contact information including: full name, email address, physical address, day and evening phone number, location of the image(s) and a short description of the image(s). Participants may submit up to 3 photos If you have questions about the submittal process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo(s) must be the participating photographer’s original work.
Photographs must NOT contain content that:
- Is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
- promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
- is obscene or offensive;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- features any recognizable person(s);
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or,
- violates any law.
We reserve the right to reject any entry that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
HOW WILL MY ENTERY BE POTENTIALLY USED?
By submitting your photograph, you:
- Are granting HPCA an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, and otherwise analyze your photograph; (ii) feature your photograph in all media (now known or later developed); and (iii) to use, reproduce, publish, modify and display the on the HPCA webpage, in any HPCA-affiliated marketing or advertising of any kind and all media (now known or later developed); and
- Agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us to make use of the rights you granted above; and
- Understand and acknowledge that HPCA and its affiliated partners may develop or commission materials similar or identical to your photograph and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your photograph; and
- Understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your photograph, other than what is described in these Official Rules. Please note that if your photograph is displayed in any way by the HPCA, we may include your first name and title of the photo.
- Please note that during this contest, your photograph may be posted on a website or displayed publicly on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website's public location. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your photograph by visitors. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your photograph for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your photograph, please do not enter this contest.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
Upon the closing date of the contest, a panel of judges will review all eligible photographs and select winners as follows:
Grand Prize. One winner will receive an HPCA gift card in the amount of $150, to be redeemed at any participating HPCA business, and will have their image featured on Historic Park City promotional material including the website.
First Place. 2 winners will receive an HPCA gift card in the amount of $100, to be redeemed at any participating HPCA business, and will have their image featured on Historic Park City promotional material including the website.
Names of all Grand Prize and First Place winners will be publicly announced on the HPCA website, social media websites and/or media releases and given credit for their photograph.
Judging will be completed no later than March 31, after which the winners will be notified by email.
Photographs will be judged based on:
· 50% - how visually stunning they are
· 50% - how well they meet the selection criteria and aesthetic guidelines detailed below.
In celebration of Historic Park City, we're looking for engaging, thought-provoking and entertaining images of the District. We have some basic requirements about the size of photos you submit, the orientation and format, so please read on.
We have the following limits on subject matter:
· No recognizable people
· No objectionable content, such as smoking, guns, violence, or nudity
· No content that is defamatory to any group or individual and/or violates any law
JPEG and TIFF
Minimum of 970px width and 528px height.
Higher resolution is better. Note that we prefer to have the image submitted in its original size and aspect ratio, which will allow us the most flexibility when sizing and cropping to meet the needs of the HPCA homepage. We reserve the right to crop, modify, and edit images at our discretion to work within the constraints of the HPCA website, marketing collateral or social media websites.
At least 1MB.
No watermark, signature or photographer name can be included in the image file. The photographer credit for the winner will be added to the page separately.