It’s no secret, 2016 is winding down, which means a couple of things. The first thing we’re trying to figure out is where 2016 went? Didn’t it just start? It also means if you haven’t started your holiday shopping you soon will be thinking of who has been naughty and who has been nice.
As the most wonderful time of the year nears, we are sharing a few reminders of why supporting small businesses year-round is a win-win.
- Economics – We’ve all seen the statistics behind supporting locally owned businesses and the benefits to the local economy. A higher percentage of your dollar stays within the local community when you shop at a locally owned business. Even if you aren’t shopping in your local community supporting any local economy makes a big difference.
- One-of-a-kind – Many Historic Park City merchants offer one-of-a-kind items you won’t be able to find in national big box stores. You’ll always remember that special memento you picked up for Grandma and the story behind the item. We’re not so sure you’ll be able to say the same about the slippers you pick up just to have something to put under the tree.
- Art(ist) Matter - Local artists make many of those one-of-a-kind items, meaning you are not only supporting the owner of the business, but you are supporting the local artist community.
- Embrace the local community – Park City is a destination for millions of visitors each year. These visitors seek out the Park City experience not only for the hundreds of inches of snow that falls each year, but also for the one of a kind experience offered by the galleries, boutiques and restaurants that line Park City’s Historic Main Street.
- Build Relationships – Often times you’ll meet the owner and buyer of a business when you pop in. The more you visit that business, you’ll get to know more about the proprietor and they’ll get to know more about you perhaps eventually they’ll think of you on their next buying trip.
As this holiday season nears, or even your next shopping outing we invite you to visit Historic Park City. Make a day of it, grab lunch and visit a shop you’ve never been to. Even better, make a night of it and stay the night.
We’re not the only cheerleaders for supporting small businesses. American Express has dubbed Saturday, November 26 as Small Business Saturday and offers cash back for shopping at participating Small Business. Register your American Express card today and head to Historic Park City Saturday, November 26 to #Shopsmall!