Whether you are in Park City to visit the art galleries and restaurants or to hike and bike the resort trails, we have the shops on Main Street to make sure you have your most stylish summer yet. Pick up these fashion must haves that you can mix and match to go from a sporty outdoor afternoon, to western chic, café casual, or an elegant evening.
- Summer Shirt or Sundress - Stop in at Kuhl Clothing (333 Main Street) to pick up a cool summer top or sundress perfect for active mountain wear, but stylish enough to wear around town. You are sure to find comfortable shirt or dress with extra features like breathable side panels, underarm ventilation, zippered pockets, wrinkle resistant care, sun protective UPF in a nice fabric and design.
- Sandals & Denim - You’ll find a new pair of summer sandals at Mary Jane’s (613 Main Street) and you’ll enjoy just looking at the latest trends. Almost every item in this boutique and designer shoe store is handmade by local artist and independent designers. They also have a distinctive selection of men’s and women’s denim labels too impressive to ignore. Better than your basic denim shirt and guaranteed to provide just the extra layer to keep you warm on a cool mountain evening.
- Sunglasses - What is summer without a new pair of shades? Be sure to take a friend along to help you pick out the best shape and color to compliment your face. You’ll find a large selection including Maui Jim, my personal favorite, Ray Ban, Oakley, and Prada at All Sports Eyewear (751 Main Street). They have been specializing in glasses and goggles for over ten years. They know all about the modern technology in today’s lenses and can help you find the pair that will best suit your needs from active outdoor sports to everyday driving.
- Jewelry - Turquoise is always a must have accessory for the summer months. The blue green mineral has been stylish for literally thousands of years. It can be paired with silver, gold, and even colorful orange, red coral, brown and gray tones. You’ll find a variety of both vintage and contemporary pieces made by Native American and Non-Native artists the Crosby Collection (419 Main Street). The right accessories can help transition your outfit from day into evening
- Hat, Handbag & Belt - The perfect hat does more than shield you from the sun. You are sure to find the right one at Burns Cowboy Shop (361 Main Street) they have been offering custom made hats since 1876! A champagne colored Cowboy hat is certain to add some western flair to your summer. Already have a summer hat? You can pick up a new hand beaded hat band to add a dash of color and update your look. You might also find a new wheat quill ostrich handbag or a belt to compliment your outfit.
- Evening Shawl or Jacket - For a final touch of evening elegance, visit Farasha Boutique (605 Main Street) where they represent over 50 worldwide fashion designers and specialize in personal styling. You’ll find the perfect shawl, cape, or jacket - beautiful and warm, but lightweight enough to wear in the summer. Their personal shopping assistance can help you decide exactly where to invest and put the final touches on your summer wardrobe.
From daily needs to special occasions, Historic Park City shops and boutiques have a variety of items to keep you fashionable this summer. We highly recommend a mid-summer shopping session on Main Street to freshen up the wardrobe for the 2nd half of summer.
By Saundra Stroope